Home Building Articles
LED Lighting Saves Electricity
July 08, 2009
Led lights also generate very little unwanted heat. The energy savings may be doubled
in air-conditioned environments where each watt of incandescent lighting can add
another watt or more to the power needed for air conditioning. The EPA encourages
the use of innovative light source technologies such as led light bulbs.
- Led lighting instantly achieves full brightness with no warm up time.
- Led lighting does not contain mercury.
- Led lighting does not produce any ultraviolet (UV) light.
- Led lighting saves on bulb replacement.
- Led lighting increases safety and security.
- Led lights are safer.